CHOOSING THE BEST TRAVEL CREDIT CARD – FOR NEWBIES AND THE MAJOR BENEFITS OF HAVING ONE!
Of course, there are many travel cards out there, but these are just a couple of the best travel credit card options. Even the big names speak of these too!
However, there’s one that stands out of the crowd as being one of the best travel credit cards for newer travel credit card users.
As always, I’m only sharing what I truly stand by what I use, and one that would be easy for you to use!
WHY TO HAVE A TRAVEL CREDIT CARD
Well, those who travel or are wanting to travel could greatly miss out on the opportunities for free flights, rewards points, dining discounts, and actually quite a bit more.
In fact, with each purchase you’ll be able to earn rewards points that relatively ends up getting reverted into a dollar amount, that can then be directly used through the credit card companies’ site.
So, that also means that you don’t need to even go through a 3rd party oftentimes and can simply just book through the chase website itself.
One of the biggest and most amazing reasons the Chase Sapphire Preferred is the best travel credit card choice is because the points are worth 25% more when utilized towards travel. Whoo-hoo!
As someone who often flies, I’ve found these benefits to be incredibly awesome for scoring free flights!
TRAVEL CREDIT CARD BENEFITS
Now, more than ever, credit cards are so extremely universal in the ways that they can be used and what they have to offer. Thankfully, the benefits for these cards are absolutely amazing in comparison.
Below are some major benefits to having the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card alone are:
Allow me to elaborate:
- Free Flights, stays,
- Fraud purchase coverage
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection from damages or theft
- 24/7 customer service
- No foreign transaction fees (A lot of credit cards have this, except this one!)
Although this Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card below isn’t the best for travel, it is a great card for other expenses and is an incredibly easy card to get rewards points on. In fact, those rewards points can also be used towards travel, but this card just doesn’t have as good of an earning ratio on points for travel, as it does for everything else outside of travel expenses.
I personally use this Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card for everyday purchases, groceries, and more.
I’ve also added some major benefits to having the Chase Freedom Unlimited card as well:
However, it’s still worth mentioning because the points on this card can still be used towards travel overall. When I’ve used up all my points for trips on one card, I’ll use up the points on the other one also.
As you can see, each one has it’s own set of benefits, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card has a very specific set of travel benefits. Whereas the Chase Freedom Unlimited has a bit more protection around everyday purchases, but light travel.
WAYS TO EARN POINTS & REWARDS
- Earn up to $50 in statement credits each account anniversary year for hotel stays purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.*
- Earn 5x total points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, excluding hotel purchases that qualify for the $50 Annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit.
- Earn 2x on other travel purchases.
- Earn 3x points on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out.
- Earn 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs).
- Earn 3x points on select streaming services.
- Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.*
The best part is, that even on non-travel purchases, we still earn points. Truthfully, not all companies are like that, some will only give you points or rewards on just travel related purchases.
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards.*Same page link to Offer Details
- Earn 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services.*Same page link to Offer Details
- Earn 3% on drugstore purchases.*Same page link to Offer Details
- Earn 1.5% on all other purchases.*
CURRENT CREDIT CARD OFFERS
Overall, the Chase Sapphire credit card is a great travel credit card for newbies or even those looking to simplify their points & rewards.
All while having a very low annual fee compares to other travel credit cards that have a general annual fee of $350+
OFFER: 80,000 bonus points
Annual Fee: $95
Bonus Value: Approximately $1,000
OFFER: $200 bonus plus 5% gas station cash back offer
Annual Fee: None
Bonus Value: $200
Also, here are some other raving reviews for the card mentioned on their website as well. Not to mention, I’ve found it even the most iconic travel bloggers using it and recommending it too!
But I must mention that I’ve had this credit card way before I had known about them though, so if we’ve all come to the decision on our own about this card being a great one, then I’m pretty sure we’ve made the choice collectively with this is one of the best travel credit card options out there.
In general, if you’re going to use a credit card, why not choose something that’s going to support your desires?!
Now that you’ve gotten the basics of ways to get travel points, it’s time to get out there and earn some points and awesome travel perks!
Disclosure: Please understand that the best way to utilize a credit card is to pay it off every single month, and understand that interest will accrue when the balance isn’t fully paid