TRAVEL & ANIMAL LOVE MAKES SUCH A GOOD COMBO WITH TRUSTED HOUSESITTERS®
How to get all the animal love and stay in beautiful homes all over the world, that’s easy Trusted Housesitters®!
After starting to need a bit of a break from van life, I was recommended Trusted Housesitters®, and decided to give it a try.
After my first house sit, I knew that this was going to become the new trip go-to!
Travel and Animal love makes such a beautiful combo – Doesn’t it?
HOW TRUSTED HOUSESITTERS® WORKS
So, getting started with Trusted Housesitters® is simple, really.
- Pay the Annual Fee (This price completely depends on whether you’re a sitter or if you’re the owner)
- Set up Profile
- Description of self -Sitter (This will look a bit different for the Hosts)
- About you
- Why you want to host
- Your experience
- Pet care experience
- Traveling status
- Preferred Countries
- Search for Sits/Sitters
- Message Sitters/Owners
- Communicate Sit (I’ve had some people call to ask me questions, hear my voice, and even meet me in person!)
I personally found it to be pretty easy to sign up and rather simple to create a profile, and to meet the owners; I’m sure you will too!
BENEFITS OF TRUSTED HOUSE SITTERS
After the very first house sit, I knew that it was something I could see myself doing regularly!
Allow me to also give some additional insight, Trusted Housesitters® has so many benefits, and here are just a few:
Pet Sitter Benefits:
- A cozy break from van/rv life
- Staying in a cozy home away from home
- Animal love
- Explore and live like a local
- Try out caring for pets before seeing if you’re fully ready to adopt one
- Get a better understanding of what animals you do best with
- Enjoy sits all over the world!!!
Pet Owner Benefits:
- Trust in knowing the sitters have I.D checks and/or Background checks
- Conveniently set up a profile & Manual and be on your way!
- Find sitters easily – Most posts get about 4-15 applicants on average
- Ensure the house errands, plants, and animals are taken care of while gone
WHO CAN JOIN
Not only can sitters join but also people looking for people to sit their animals, while they are off traveling, it’s a win-win!
Also, there is the opportunity to create single profile and family profiles/couple profiles. I’ve seen some profiles that show whether or their property is child safe.
Although, I must disclose that there is an I.D check and background check, so I’m sure people need to have a clean record in order to be approved. Otherwise, it’s fairly accommodating!
Of course, there are responsibilities for both parties to make this magical exchange happen, here are a few:
- Make sure to read over the manual before accepting the sit to know what the general responsibilities are
- General pet welfare while sitting
- Maintain the owner’s home & basic household tasks
- Communicating with the owner
- Making sure the animal’s groomed (nails, teeth, bathed, ears cleaned, etc) before hand – This is not the other person’s full responsibility and a licensed professional groomers information and services should be arranged if gone for long periods of time
- Try to take care of as many errands as possible before hand
- Communicate as effectively as possible beforehand & create a digital manual on the site to ensure successful completion
So, the very first house sit I accepted, was absolutely amazing to say the least.
Not only was the home nestled in the mountain side with beautiful sunrises and sunsets, but the family and pup were incredibly loving and sweet.
There was so much more to enjoy in that lonely home too; a pool, large bathtub, piano, patio lounge, a large wide open kitchen, plenty of books to read, nearby hiking trails, bikes, and more.
Alongside the home, there was Arrow – an incredibly sweet elderly dog that just loved belly rubs, liked lounging in the sun, and only barked when she needed something (Hence being a great communicator!). Above all, the pup Arrow was great company too!
PS: Not every sit is going to be the same, some are going to be much different than others.
However, most owners just love their pet so much they want them to have good company and they want you to enjoy yourself as well.
Disclosure: I don’t have any pets myself, so I don’t have any of those stories yet!
I hope you enjoy your experiences as much as I have!!